Wednesday 14 October 2015

Research - Seeing faces



"Pareidolia, as this experience is known, is by no means a recent phenomenon. Leonardo da Vinci described seeing characters in natural markings on stone walls, which he believed could help inspire his artworks."

As mentioned in the post before, I kept seeing faces in my drawing exercises, so i further researched the reason behind why our brains seem to pick out faces from everyday objects, shapes, textures etc. 

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140730-why-do-we-see-faces-in-objects

As I'd like to develop environments on 3D using a surreal approach, my next step is to take photos of landscapes both of nature and urban areas and see what i can see within the images themselves, then highlight areas that stand out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment